Tamara Carey E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 425.941.3721
MARKETING MANAGEMENT AND RETAIL PROFESSIONAL
- Results oriented product marketing with extensive experience in B2B and B2C markets.
- Adept at digital marketing including: SEO, Google adwords, social media and direct email.
- Entrepreneurial manager who thrives in fast paced, multi-tasking business environments.
KAYE-SMITH INC. Renton, WA April 2014 - Present
Delivers full service solutions for branded merchandise, web applications and fulfillment,
statement processing, billing services, inventory management and direct mail marketing.
Branded Merchandise Program Manager
- Create and manage promotional product marketing campaigns for top Seattle clients.
- Manage multiple client company web stores, inventory levels and promotional product assortments.
- Build and present ASI online product showrooms to showcase key product categories.
- Utilize ESP online product search database to curate product selections and create client presentations.
- Manage the print and graphic requirements needed to procure clients branded products with vendors.
BIS WEB DESIGNS Maple Valley, WA January 2010 - Present
Business Internet Solutions for small business owners.
- Manage SEO and social media programs for client websites.
- Create and manage Constant Contact direct email campaigns.
- Managed CRM database for international publications and e-commerce.
- Utilize Zoom online digital catalog solutions.
UW FOSTER SCHOOL OF BUSINESS Seattle, WA January 2012 - April 2013
Executive Education Department
Manager Marketing And Business Development
- Managed SEO, direct email marketing and google adwords for Executive Education website portal.
- Improved Executive Education web portal ranking from page-20 to page-1 top 5 page position.
- Responsible for CRM program management and business development opportunities.
- Conference and trade show planning and execution.
CLASSIC ACCESSORIES, INC. Kent, WA January 2005 - January 2010
Manufacturer of products that cover, protect and organize outdoor gear. International
distribution of cover and organizational products to Lowes, Home Depot, Target, Cabelas.
- Planned and executed corporate marketing strategy for B2B and consumer markets.
- 5 years of double digit annual sales growth.
- Created and implemented company re-branding program – logo, website, print collateral.
- Responsible for all touch point collateral: website, catalog, packaging, trade shows.
- Led cross-functional teams: product development, sales, graphics and marketing.
- Responsible for the successful operation of 7 member graphic design team.
- Increased John Deere corporate licensee sales from $ 500,000 to 3M in 4 years.
SUN PRECAUTIONS, INC. Everett, WA March 2002 - October 2003
Specialty retailer of sun protective clothing and hats. Worldwide marketing and sales via
website, retail and direct mail catalog.
Manager - Retail Marketing And Operations
- Managed retail sales, merchandising, replenishment and marketing programs.
- Responsible for store merchandising strategy and design.
- Created programs to build process efficiency into this entrepreneurial company.
- Implemented online initiatives that increased doctor referral sales by 12%.
- Team member for product design and product strategy.
MOLBAK’S Woodinville, WA April 1999 - September 2001
Regional nursery and home decor retailer with $36M in sales.
Marketing Manager (2000-2001)
- Spearheaded comprehensive website development creating 114 informational web pages.
- Increased visitor sessions by 98% and expanded average visit session time by 53%.
- Created CRM database of 5,000 new visitors in three months.
- Strategized and implemented successful advertising campaign, website and PR.
- Increased print impressions by 112% from previous year.
- Developed infrastructure to improve communication and budgeting.
- Responsible for booth at Northwest Flower & Garden Show + 23% sales increase.
Merchandise Manager (1999-2000)
- Executed strategic positioning, merchandising, visual presentation, advertising and shortage control.
- Managed team with $26M sales responsibility for multi-site nursery and home deocr retailer.
- Achieved +3.8% to margin plan and +3.45 to sales plan 6 months after completion of training.
- Reversed STD -3.0% sales drop in Woodinville store to +3.8% increase second season.
- Increased gross margin by 4.7 points in 4 months from 41.9% to 46.6%
- Spearheaded creation of annual sales and margin planning tool with company controller.
- Created multiple product promotions, which produced sales increases of +12 – 48%.
EAGLEQUEST GOLF CENTER Kent, WA March 1997 - March 1999
11 acre golf practice facility including 4,500 sq. ft. retail store and banquet facilities.
- Managed annual budget, sales, merchandising, marketing and site maintenance.
- Produced increases of +22% total revenue and 32% retail sales.
- Operated facility rated top 50 in nation for retail centers in this specialty.
- Site selected by Nike for state of the art concept shop.
MACY’S Sacramento, CA April 1990 - January 1997
Full line department store with over 165,000 sq. ft. and $34 million in annual sales.
Store Manager (1995 – 1997)
- Entrepreneurial P&L management of $34M retail department store.
- Executed decisive team leadership for 10 managers and 150 store associates.
- Increased sales fall 1996 to +11% against –7% division sales.
- Produced number one shortage results in 84-store corporation with .5% shortage 1996.
- Consistently achieved top 10 in customer shopping scores for Macy’s West.
Assistant Store Manager (1990 – 1995)
- Achieved 5.7% increase in sales in 1992 ranking #2 in division and #6 in corporation.
- Partnered with merchants to drive Liz Claiborne sales to +26.6% vs. company downtrend.
- Developed merchant alliances creating + 4.3% in sales after 4 years of decreases.
B.A. Degree: Business - Retail Merchandising - San Diego State University
Leadership That Shapes The Future Certificate - UW Foster School of Business
Strategies For Effective Negotiations Certificate - UW Foster School of Business